Thursday, October 30

Day 47-48 Testing the Periodic Table

Students had a study guide and flash cards, I like the flashcards and pocket in the template pack from Mad Science Lessons (Chris Kesler).
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Interactive-Notebook-INB-Blank-Template-Pages-995986

To practice for the quiz, I used the flashcards at the begining of class as students arrive.  I stand outside my classroom and show each student a symbol or name.  They have to tell me the opposite as their "entrance ticket."  If they get it wrong, they go to the back of the line.  It gets really competitive - students want to be in the "one and done" club.  If a student has gotten a few wrong, I give hints...

 If students had time after the test we made Atomic Superheroes using the properties of an element as "super powers."





Next: Bonding...