Saturday, January 23

Making Anchor Charts for the Classroom

Anchor charts are powerful visual aids in the classroom that support teaching and enhance student learning but in Science they can be hard to find or very expensive.  They may be outdated or not support exactly what you're teaching.  The answer.......  Make your own!

You can turn any page into a poster/anchor chart.


Here's how:
1. Save your page as a .pdf
2. Open the .pdf
3. Click print
4. Select poster
5. Choose your size
6. Print
7. Assemble

Hints:
I use white copy paper and color the pages before laminating.  
You can add bulletin board border to add some style. 
I use dry erase markers on the laminated sheets - it erases easily (except for red).

For online students: I share the 1 page .pdf during my Zoom conferences so we're all looking at the same thing.
I make sure there are anchor charts near lab stations.  I often see my students looking at the charts when they get "stuck" so I know they're helpful!