Monday, August 11

Planning Day 2 (class brochure)

My next project is updating the Welcome to Science brochure. 
I use the brochure for parents during orientation and for students on the 1st day as their syllabus and welcome to class.  
I leave blanks so students can fill in during class.  This makes reviewing class procedures more interactive.

How to make your own:
1. Open a  Word document
2. Go to Page Layout and change the margins to .05
3. Also in Page Layout – change orientation to Landscape
4. Also in Page Layout – click columns – change to 3, change the column width to 3 and the spacing to .05
5. Add information (see basic layout below)


I have used this format for several years and it works out great!  I get compliments from parents and its amazing to see students still have their copies on the last day of school. 

***It helps that I reference it during the year when questions like "What are we doing next?" "How did I get that grade?" "Do we have an online textbook?" are asked.

Next on my list....update the class website