Tuesday, May 17

Brain POP Tides Guided Notes

To introduce the topic of tides - I use CLOZE or guided notes in my classroom. 

I find completing notes while watching a video keeps students engaged.

BrainPOP requires a subscription - not included in the product


Here's how I suggest using the product:

  1. Start with the word search (included) as a warm-up to introduce vocabulary terms before watching the video.
  2. Next, Students watch the video and fill in the notes as they go. *After the video I ask students if they need to watch the video again. We have watched the videos several times in some cases. I let the students decide. *I walk around as the video plays to monitor student progress.
  3. Review the answers together and have students glue the notes in their interactive notebooks for a reference.
  4. Use the crossword (included) as a formative assessment to wrap-up. *There is a word bank to reinforce the vocabulary.
An Easel by TpT is included in each product. It has fill in notes just like the print copy and a link for the video (you'll need to provide students the username and password - not included).

No comments:

Post a Comment